14th ATHENS ANIMFEST
12-17 of March 2019
For third time the ATHENS ANIMFEST organizes a tribute with the title: “Youth and work – Women and work” tha tis implemented through the Operational Program "Human Resources Development, Education and Lifelong Learning" and is co-financed by and Greek state. Its co-funded projects deal mostly with the improvement of education and employment in Greece. Its main targets relate to the development and promotion of human resources skills, activities against unemployment, strengthen social cohesion and social inclusion of vulnerable social groups, improvement of the quality of education & lifelong learning, awareness on environmental education, linking education with the labor market.
This special tribute "Youth and work - Woman and work" will take place on March 16th, 2019 at 8.15 p.m. in "N. Eggonopoulos Hall" (Park M. Theodorakis, Plateon and Imitou, Vrilissia), in collaboration with the Cine Club of Vrillisia "Cine Drasi".
The film tribute has free admission and it’s accessible to disabled people.
The 14th ATHENS ANIMFEST, the oldest Greek animation festival, takes place from Tuesday, 12th of March until Sunday, 17th of March 2019, in Athens (Greece), with more than 350 animated short films from Greece and other 55 countries. Short: 197, Student: 103, Experimental: 50, Greek: 6.
The 14th ATHENS ANIMFEST 2019 takes place supported by the Athens 2018 - World Book Capital, initiative of the city of Athens, major donor of which is Stavros Niarchos.
- Serafeio, City of Athens (Pireos Str. & Petrou Ralli)
- Oikia Theotokopoulou, City of Athens (34, Theotokopoulou str., Patissia)
- Cine Club of Vrillisia "Cine Drasi", (M. Theodorakis Park, Plataion & Ymittou str., Vrilissia)
- Athens School of Fine Arts, (256 Pireos str., Aghios Ioannis Rentis)
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens / Department of Education in Preschool Age
- Cultural Center of Amfiali “Melina Merkouri”
- Athens 2018 - World Book Capital, City of Athens
- Athens School of Fine Arts
- Cine Club of Vrillisia "Cine Drasi"
- Municipality Keratsini – Drapetsona
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens / Department of Education in Preschool Age.
The clay-animation workshop by Rony Oren is part of Athens World Book Capital 2018 City of Athens, of which major donor is Stavros Niarchos Foundation, and will be held in Serafeio (Peraeus & Petrou Ralli, Athens) on Friday, 15th of March 2019, at 16h30 - 19h30. The participation is free of charge.
In collaboration with:
The workshop is sponsored by Record Plasticine
Rony Oren (born in 1953) is an Israeli animator, claymator and academic. In the commercial world he is best known for more than 500 animated short films in clay and over 30 children books, which he illustrates, or both writes and illustrates. Oren is currently a Professor of Animation at Bezalel Academy of Art and Design in Jerusalem. Between the years 1980-2002 Oren taught animation at different art schools in Israel - Beit Tzvi, the WIZO Haifa Academy of Design and Education, and the Bezalel Academy of Art and Design. Oren also led art classes at different animation festivals. He leads stop motion master classes in various international art and film academies and festivals. Between 2000 and 2008 Oren served as Head of the Animation Department at the Bezalel Academy.